Are you missing one or more permanent teeth? Do you yearn to have an attractive, fully functional smile once again? Ask Dr. Garth Collins how a dental implant in Folsom, California, can help you.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a restoration that replaces both the root and the crown of a missing tooth. Dental implants are made up three parts. A titanium screw, called an implant, is placed into the jawbone, where it fuses with the bone. In this way, the dental implant becomes a permanent part of your smile. A porcelain dental crown is placed on top of the implant screw. An abutment connects these two pieces.
How can a dental implant benefit my smile?
There are many advantages to choosing implants for your smile. Dental implants:
– Do not require the alteration of healthy teeth
– Restore the ability to eat and speak correctly
– Restore the appearance of your smile
– Are very durable and can last for many years, or even a lifetime
– Can restore your ability to eat and speak correctly
We invite you to call our dental office at 916.985.2550 today to learn more about dental implants and to schedule your next visit with our dentist. We are so excited to serve you and your smile!