Flossing is necessary to keep up with your oral health care. Did you know, flossing is essential because it can clean and reach places around your teeth and gums that your toothbrush cannot. Furthermore, flossing can help you fight cavities and gum disease that could be plaguing your oral health.
Our doctor, Dr. Garth Collins, encourages you to floss your teeth each day, so your smile can stay healthy. Additionally, our team at Garth Collins, DDS in Folsom, California, has provided you with information on the reasons why flossing is necessary.
Here are some reasons why flossing is necessary to your oral health:
– It can wash away food particles, and debris stuck between your teeth that your toothbrush can’t reach that might be causing you pain.
– Floss can help fight gum disease and the bacteria around your teeth oozing into your gums.
– Plaque and bacteria can be cleared away from between your teeth and deep along your gum line, which is known to cause cavities or tooth decay.
– Dental floss can clear hiding bacteria that could be causing bad breath left behind by your toothbrush or the foods you eat.
– It may help your teeth stay healthy and clean by preventing cavities that could have developed between your teeth.
As you can see, flossing is needed for your smile to stay healthy. If you have questions or concerns about your teeth and gums, or if you are in need of a dental checkup, please call us today at 916.985.2550 to make an appointment. Our dental team looks forward to your visit with us.